DIRT MILLION DRIVER REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!admin
DIRT MILLION DRIVER REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
Notable Event Changes Announced For One Of Dirt Late Model Racing’s Biggest Events Of The Year
MANSFIELD,OH. — Driver registration is now open online at www.DirtMillion.com/Drivers/Registration In the event’s inaugural year, the unique format and concept was met with both raving support and undeniable speculation. In the end, the Dirt Million presented by Arizona Sport Shirts not only worked but it was deemed a success. Earl Pearson Jr collected his largest payday of his career, the event etched itself in the record books as the 2nd largest paying race of all-time and the 100 lap race resulted in a dramatic battle between several of Dirt Late Model racings biggest names for one of the best races of 2018.
Looking toward the August 22nd-24th Dirt Million, there are several notable changes that both competitors and fans can make note of and get excited about.
- 3 Days of racing. The Dirt Million now features 3 full days of racing with TWIN “DUELS” $10k features on Thursday August 22nd and TWIN “DUELS” $10k features on Friday August 23rd, leading up to the Saturday, August 24th Dirt Million presented by Arizona Sport Shirts main event.
- 30 Car Starting Field. The Dirt Million will now start 30 total competitors in the Saturday, August 24th main event, an increase from 28 last year.
- “TICKER” Percentage changes. The unique format which has an increasing purse for every position in the starting field and it’s associated percentage , has seen several percentage changes. Overall, the largest change is the race winner now will be awarded 30% of the purse, a decrease from 50% last year and the entire purse is tighter throughout the full field of cars. A full breakdown of 2019 purses and percentages can be found on the event competitor guide online at www.dirtmillion.com/drivers/competitorinfo/
- Top 5 in Driver Reward Points receive provisionals. One of the more popular elements of the event has been the ability for drivers & fans to help their driver of choice receive a guaranteed starting spot in the main event. The driver reward points program will now award 5 drivers with a provisional, an increase from 4 previously. Additional Driver Reward Points information is posted online at www.dirtmillion.com/drivers/reward-points/
- 20 Lap Non Qualifiers Race featuring a $10,250 overall purse. In 2019, drivers failing to make the main event will now have the opportunity to compete in the event’s 20 lap non-qualifier race which awards the race winner the 30th and final starting spot in the main event and 2nd place receives $2,000 with the event being $200 to start.
- Win and you are in. 4 preliminary “DUEL” features will award the race winner a locked in starting spot in the Saturday Main event and the Dirt Million Dash. The Dirt Million Dash sets the first 3 rows of the main event. The remaining positions (6 total) in the Dirt Million Dash will be given to the highest competitors in points earned between both Thursday and Friday preliminary racing.
- Points set Saturday Heat Race Lineups. Thursday and Friday preliminary racing will accumulate points for a driver based on their qualifying & overall finishing results each night. At least 2 drivers will lock themselves into the Dirt Million Dash and guaranteed starting spot solely off of points. All others not in the dash will be sent to 1 of 6 heat races on Saturday. Heat races will be lined up entirely off of total points, highest up front and lowest in points toward the rear of heat races. More detail on the overall format is available on the events competitor guide.
- Tickets On Sale Monday, March 4th! Any competitor wanting to have a good jump start on the driver reward points program will want to be registered several days before in order to be available for fans to select that driver name at checkout. The event’s overall reward points format will begin on that Monday as well.
For more information regarding the Dirt Million please visit the event website at www.DirtMillion.com Follow along on social media for the latest details and announcements regarding the event via Twitter @DirtMillion and Facebook.com/DirtMillion